Our summer article collection!
As the IJPH Blog will soon take a holiday, we’d thought we leave you with a small collection of articles related to summer and heat!
– A review on Public health impact of global heating due to climate change: potential effects on chronic non-communicable diseases by Professor Tord Kjellstrom and colleagues, which reviews available evidence and emphasizes the research gaps in this area
– A study by Professor Inés Gómez-Acebo and colleagues, exploring the relationship between extreme temperatures and mortality in Spain
– A study exploring the effect of temperature on hospital admissions in 9 California counties, conducted by Rochelle Green and colleagues and concluding that increases in temperature have important public health impact on morbidity
– A survey on awareness and practices of health professionals on minimizing harm from heatwaves in Australia, conducted by Professor Joseph E Ibrahim and colleagues
– Α brief report by Sumi Hoshiko and colleagues, outlining a method for estimating excess mortality due to heat waves
We hope tha you will find these articles interesting! Let us know what you think and have a great and safe summer!
Good collection you have of your article.