2016- Our year in Review!
*For the full functional inforgaphic please go here:
2017- A new year starting. Most people are committing to (or they have already broken) their new year’s resolutions. I will not join them as I prefer looking at the past before moving forward. So I thought I’d start the blog this year by summarising what we did in 2016. Our little infographic below gives a summary, but for those who prefer reading here it goes:
- We published 9 issues and a total of 125 papers (102 original articles, 8 editorials, 7 reviews, 5 commentaries and 3 letters to the editor)
- We published 2 special issues (one on e-cigarettes and public health and one on violence and health)
- At the end of the year we also published a supplement on health and social determinants of health in Vietnam
- Keeping up with current affairs, we published a virtual issue on refugees and public health, also coinciding with the Swiss Public Health Conference which had the same main focus
- We organised a competition for papers on development and public health
- We conducted a published an RCT on the effect of social media exposure on article downloads and citations
- We remained active on social media and tried out new things, like twitter chat and twitter journal club
- We hosted a few guest blogposts from IJPH authors
All in all it was a fun year at the IJPH office and we cannot wait for more exciting things to come in 2017! Thank you all for the support! How was your 2016? What are you looking forward in 2017?